lundi 18 mars 2013

Popeye Got It Right: Eat Spinach


I'm Popeye the Sailor Man...I'm Popeye the Sailor Man...I'm strong to the finich Cause I eats me Spinach...I'm Popeye the Sailor Man
Come on ladies, we all know Popeye that Pipe-smoking sailor man who has very high moral values and speakes in very mangled english. He is also famous for gaining superhuman strengh and power when he eats his spinach and he often battles for the love of Olive Oly with Bluto.
Well I don't know about you girls but I've always been a huge fan of this cartoon as I believe it's a good example for kids not only for Popeye's famous quote " I yam what I yam" which teachs childrean to develop self acceptance and self esteem but also for encouraging them to eat spinach.
So let's discover together why does Popeye eat spinach?


In fact, among the world's healthiest vegetables spinach comes out at the top of the ranking list for nutrient richness: 
  • Spinach is very low in calories and fats and it contains a good amount of solble dietary fiber.
  • Spinach is a rich source of iron. it's one of the richest among green leafy vegetables.
  • Spinach is also a good source of Vitamin A which is required for maintaining healthy skin and essential for normal eye-sight .
  • Spinach is an excellent source of Vitamin K which plays a vital role in strenghthening the bone mass.
  • Spinach contains a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper and zinc.
In addition, Spinach tastes very good so here is some ways to incorporate spinach into your meals:
  • You can add Spinach to your salad.
  • You can make a stuffed turkey escalope with spinach and chesse as i did the other day (so yummy).

  • You can make green juice with spinach 
So girls after knowing the benefits of Spinach and the easy ways to incorporate it in your meals, you have no excuse not to eat Spinach everyday :) And now i leave you to watch one of my favourite Popeye the sailor man's episodes <3 I hope you like my post, don't forget  to like my facebook page MY Muse: The Blog  and leave you comments below because YOU ARE MY MUSE :) Love you all



8 commentaires:

  1. Oh quelle coincidence :D Merci de m'avoir cité dans l'article <3 Le Jus d'épinard me tente vraiement je vais le tester hhhh
    Keep going. Bisouét

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thank you for your comment sweety :) you made my day :* well if you wanna know more about green juice stay tuned, a whole post is coming up the next few days <3

      Supprimer
  2. stuffed turkey escalope with spinach and cheese, my specialty ^^ so love this article, fresh and funny :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thank you so much for your comment Alma :) have a nice day sweety <3

      Supprimer
  3. supa dupa post! i love my spinach in almost everythg ( i admit i dont have the guts to taste the juice :p ) in my pasta, lasagna, salads, brik, and many other yummy thgs!

    xoxo Marwa
    http://diariesofmeblindoptimistic.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks sweety for you comment :) well i'm a spinach lover too :D and believe me the green juice is the most delicious juice i have ever tasted ( you don't even taste the spinach) :)

      Supprimer
  4. Thank you for posting this!!!!!! i'm a spinash freak i used to mix it with fruit juices and have it for breakfast it's really good for you , i should go back to juicing cuz i got stuck in my bad eating habits again oups ! i'm really happy that i came accross your blog :) :)
    XO www.thebeautybuzzer.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thank you for your sweet words :) I have just posted a new article about green juice with spinach :) check it out and don't forget to leave your comment :) Welcome to my blog <3

      Supprimer