lundi 27 mai 2013

A Luscious Red Strawberry Tart For Mother's Day

Good morning and Happy mother's day to all of you :) I hope you treated your moms like a queen on their special day. Yesterday, I baked for mom a sweet  and rich strawberry tart and I thought it wouldl be wonderful to share the recipe with you, actually this tart can be a great gift for your guests, your family or even your darling. 



 So let's start step by step:
For the crust you will need these ingredients:
200g flour
100g cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
50g sugar
1 egg
1 vanilla sugar


  1. Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl
  2. Mix vanilla sugar and egg and then add to butter and sugar and mix well
  3. Add flour to the mixture and mix until the dough is formed
  4. put the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour
For the filling  you will need these ingredients:
250g strawberry cut into pieces
For the custard you will need these ingredients
1/2 litre milk
4 eggs yolk
5 Tbsp sugar
2Tbsp cornstarch
1 vanilla sugar

  1. Heat the milk and vanilla sugar on meduim high heat
  2. In a bowl, mix eggs yolk and sugar very well 
  3. Add cornstarch to the mixture
  4. Once the mixture is well mixed, pour the milk on the mixture and mix
  5. Transfer the mixture in a saucepan and cook over meduim heat for 5 minutes, stir constantly and make sure that the cream does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
  6. add a piece of butter and let it cool down

It's time now to transfer the dough to a tart pan and bake it for 20-25 minutes. After baking it, let it cool down then spread the crusted evenly in the buttom of baked crust. Arrange strawberry pieces ,starting from outside edge, on custard. In a saucepan heat one table spoon of jam (I used apricot jam) until liquefied, gently brush strawberries with jam. Put it in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.


My strawberry tart is now ready :)



If you like the recipe, please share it with your friends :) And don't forget to comment below what gift did you get your mom this year :) I would love to hear from you. You can follow me on my facebook page My Muse: The Blog, I love you <3

12 commentaires:

  1. Miam miam j'adooore el tarte ena mais ntayabha 'une autre façon to njarab ta recette bravo w sanéfa zeda ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I would like to know how do you make yours :) w mat9oul el 7ad eli ena sanefa :p I always claim that I don't know how to cook so that no one would push me to cook :p

      Supprimer
  2. A very sweet strawberry tart!
    I also do a strawberry cake for my mum, for the mother day absolutly délicious!
    http://cuisine-sans-gluten-ni-lactose.blogspot.fr/2013/05/bavarois-leger-la-fraise-sans-gluten-et.html
    I discover your blog...
    Good day!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks for commenting and for your sweet words :) I've just discovered your blog also and I like your recipes. I have to try some of them :)

      Supprimer
  3. Thanks very much, I just see you are member of my blog.
    I am very happy to meet you and also to speak or to write in English...
    Good night

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. mmmm j'ai trop envie de me faire des tartes d'un coup! j'adoooore faire la cuisine moi,, mais j'habite seule et je manque d'outils et c'est pas intéressant manger seule :/

    Bonne continuation :) et merci merci de suivre mon blog!

    http://www.vitalunaspirit.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thx sabrina for commenting :) I read almost all your posts and I really like ur cosy kitchen :D

      Supprimer
  5. mmmmmm ça a l'air delicieux ! Mon anglais est loin d'etre parfait mais bizarrement le tien est facile a comprendre lol !! Je viens de faire une belle decouverte et je m'inscris
    Kisses


    http://mycosmobioandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thx for commenting and subscribing :)I'm glad u find my post understandable <3

      Supprimer
  6. OMG, it seems so delicious <333
    What about following each other through GFC and Bloglovin? Just let me know!

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer